Saturday, September 20, 2008

Is summer really finally over?

I don't know why, but in my ripe old age of 24 I just can't seem to handle the heat- at all. I feel bad for my poor deprived children who would have spent the entire summer outside if only I had been willing to let them. Oh well, the summer is over and thank goodness!
Welcome fall!
Welcome rain!
Welcome sweater and jeans weather!
One thing I am not looking forward to is all the leaves that will be falling! We have three GIGANTIC cottonwood trees in our little backyard, plus two other smaller trees back there, a huge maple in the side yard, and some other tree that I don't know its' name but it has a lot of leaves in the front yard. Last year it snowed before we got all the leaves off the ground and so we were still raking up the mess in April! Another thing that I'm not looking forward to is the snow that inevitably ruins the winter here in Utah. As a Northern California girl I am honest in saying that I like the way snow looks, I like it in the mountains so people can ski, it's ok a few times (meaning once or twice- like maybe Christmas Eve just so long as the sun comes out and melts it all away on Christmas Day!) But I would prefer to watch the rain come down and know that a slick road is easier to drive on then a frozen one. I would rather mow the lawn once a week for the rest of my life then have to shovel the snow. And inevitably (as proven by the day I was born- the great blizzard of '83 started that day) if Alyssa has to leave the house any time between the months of November and March- there will be snow! Don't watch the weather, just find out what my plans are- it's frighteningly accurate!
Anyways- there's my rant for the month! Next stop- October (the month even closer to snow)!

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. P said...

I'm glad summer is winding down.. I totally feel your pain about the leaves thing. We've got way too many trees in our front, back, and side yards. They make such an icky mess :)
oh the joys of fall!

Danell said...

It's starting to cool off here a bit too - YAY!!!

Evie B. said...

I can't believe it's already over - but I'm soooooooo ready for fall weather.

Thanks again for the formula and baby food!

Preston, Landen and Jordan

Preston, Landen and Jordan