Monday, February 2, 2009

So the Holiday season is over





My last post talked about how we were excited to spend the first Christmas in our own home since our kids were born- well that didn't happen! I woke up on Christmas Eve feeling particularly homesick, and seeing as how there wasn't a lot going on here my amazing and loving and caring and understanding husband said yes when I started crying and said I wanted to leave for California right then. It took about 2 hours before we hit the road, and another 13 of driving through snow and ice (thank goodness for 4 wheel drive-seriously!) before we arrived at my Grandma Olson's house where we stayed for the next 4 days before we headed home on Monday. The drive home was uneventful without snow or ice. Adam's favorite part of the trip (and he says the reason he was willing to drop everything and go) was the fresh California oranges. He and my dad actually drove out to the orchard in Orland and got them from the guy in his packaging room because we didn't get to his stand before it closed. It was SO worth it though.
We also had fun meeting my sister Jessica's fiance Ben. I am so happy for them and we are excited that our next trip to California will be for their wedding. Preston keeps saying "Next month we get to go to California for Aunt Jessica's wedding and I'm going to stay outside the temple with my brothers and my Grandpa." I tell him he's right and then he'll say "But I just want to go tonight." You make one impulsive trip to California and the kid thinks it's an everyday possibility!
We also got to celebrate Preston's 3rd birthday-WOW! They never stop growing older, do they? He loved his presents because all he got was Thomas the Train and related paraphernalia! If there was ever a child who was obsessed with trains, I swear, my little Preston will literally tell me his dreams about them!
So I guess the next month will be spent gearing up for the twin's 2nd birthday and that little holiday called Valentine's day that falls between now and then. I hope everyone else had a great holiday and to those of you we didn't get to see, we miss you and love you!

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. P said...

I hope you are in town long enough for Jessica's wedding that I can sneak in a visit with you before you head back to Utah!

Trista said...

Poor poor Adam has to put up with your crazy ideas. I'd have to agree with him. The oranges are amazing.

Alyssa said...

The oranges totally made it worth it!

Preston, Landen and Jordan

Preston, Landen and Jordan