Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Jay-walking

Today I saw something on tv that disturbed me deeply. Jay Leno has a segment on his show called Jay-Walking where he goes out into public and talks to random people on the street about variouse things. Today he went around with pictures of our Presidential hopefulls; Mit Romney, Hillary Clinton, Ron Paul, etc. It wasn't even funny how un-informed people were about the candidates for the most prestigiouse office in the world. When shown a picture of John Edwards a woman had no idea who he was. When asked who she voted for in 2004 all she could remember was that it was the democrat. I mean come on!!! It's one thing to not be sure of the political stands of the county clerk that you vote for, it's another to not even recognize the vice presidential candidate, of whom you voted for!
I wouldn't consider myself an activist for any specific political stand, but I vote, and I try my best with three kids and my families future to worry about to make sure I know a little bit about who I can vote for. So many say that the most important thing you can do is vote, but I say if you don't know who you're voting for stay home and let the people who really care about this nation make an informed decision.
Jay Leno said it best as he wrapped up the segment "You deserve the government you get."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well written

Anonymous said...

No doubt, Alyssa-

I think we should stop all presidential campaigning, and just have the remaining candidates put their pictures on hotornot.com. The person with the most 10's on November 8 becomes the next president. We're about there anyway.

Preston, Landen and Jordan

Preston, Landen and Jordan