Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Natural Child Birth

This is in no way ment to offend any one who may choose to have a medicated birth, but I have to say I am more an advocate for natural birth than ever. The more studies that come out about variouse things pertaining to common ways we birth and or raise our children the more I am starting to understand the saying less is more. Recently they did a study and found that infant and child body washes contain a chemical that is absorbed through the skin and expelled in their urin. Can you believe that! Something as simple and normal as bathing your child can cause them to absorb CHEMICALS!! So what makes people think that having an epidural isn't going to affect their tiny little baby? I'm not saying your bad for having one, and I know this is going to be an eternal debate, but having given birth all naturally and also having had a c-section, I would prefer the "end-in-site" "I'm in control"pain of natural birth any day!!!

2 comments:

Danell said...

I read that too- pretty scary! Go natural childbirth! It's really not that bad folks. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

Preston, Landen and Jordan

Preston, Landen and Jordan